Can't find what you are looking for ?
Google
 



Saturday, June 21, 2008

Wal-Mart Greeter

Charley, a new retiree greeter at Wal-Mart, just could not seem to get to work on time. Every day he was 5, 10, sometimes 15 minutes late. Nevertheless, he was a good worker, really tidy, clean-shaven, sharp minded and a real credit to the company and obviously demonstrating their "Older Person Friendly" policies.

One day the boss was in a real quandary about how to deal with it. Finally, he called him into the office for a talk. "Charley, I have to tell you, I like your work ethic, you do a really bang-up job, but your being late so often is quite bothersome."

"Yes, I know, boss, and I am working on it."

"Well good, you are a team player; that is what I like to hear. It is odd though, your coming in late. I know you are retired from the Armed Forces. What did they say if you came in late there?"

"They said, 'Good morning, General. Tea or coffee this morning, Sir?'"

No comments: