Can't find what you are looking for ?
Google
 



Saturday, July 19, 2008

Always wanted a girl

A very spiritual, devout and holy priest dies and is immediately swept up to heaven.
St. Peter greets him at the Pearly Gates, and says, "Hello, Father, we've been waiting for you for a long time. Welcome to Heaven! You are very well known here, and as a special reward, because you are such a spiritual and holy man, we're going to
grant you anything you wish even before we enter Heaven. What can I grant you?"

"Well", the priest says, "I've always been a great admirer of the Virgin Mother. I've always wanted to ask her a question." St. Peter waves his hand, and lo and behold who should approach the priest but the Virgin Mary !

The priest is beside himself, but manages to kneel and say, "Mother, I have always been a great admirer of yours, and have studied everything I could about you and followed your holy life as best I could. I have studied every painting and portrait ever made of you holding the Christ Child, and I've noticed that you are always portrayed with a slightly sad look on your face. I have always, always wondered what it was that made you sad. Would you please tell me?"

"Well", says Mother Mary, "to tell the truth, at that time I was really hoping for a girl."

No comments: