Can't find what you are looking for ?
Google
 



Sunday, June 14, 2009

Corsair Flash Voyager 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive CMFUSB2.0-16GB

The Corsair Flash Voyager family of USB drives is rugged, stylish, compact and reliable making them ideal for transporting MP3's, digital images, presenations and more. Flash Voyager drives are fully Plug and Play with most operating systems and backward compatible with USB 1.1.

Technical Details:
Ideal for transporting MP3's, Digital Photos, Power Point Presentations, Video Footage of the kids, and so much more!
Flash Voyager drives have been tested by dropping, boiling, baking, and even running them over with SUV's!!!
Store up to 4,000 MP3 Files! Or How about 4,960 Digital Photos! Or Store 6 hours of video footage!
Enclosed in Corsair Proprietary All-Rubber Housing ensures Water Resistance and Ultra Durability!
10 Year Warranty means you can write information for 24/7 for 10 years non-stop!

Corsair Flash Voyager 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive CMFUSB2.0-16GB

Customer feedback:

1. Over the course of the last 6 years I've had a number of USB drives. Iomega, Corsair, Apacer, PNY and SanDisk. I've upgraded each time I felt the storage increase justified the cost. I work in information technology so they are tools more than toys, anyway on to the review. This 16GB drive is fantastic. I have it split into two partitions, one of which is encrypted. I've used it in all sorts of systems and also have a .bat file that allows me to sync my data, my point? Whether you are transferring data, saving data, or syncing data it works quite well. I also use some apps like Firefox portable which allows you to run the browser from your USB device and keep personal info off the local computer. Once again no issues.
I do agree that the protective rubber coating around the drive can make it somewhat difficult to plug in multiple USB devices, but Corsair does provide you a USB cable extension which solves the problem. And also this is one of the few USB devices that the cap stays on very tight.

2. I purchased this drive from Amazon recently and tested it under both Mac OS X Tiger and Windows ME. In both cases, I saw excellent read speed but slow, slow write speed (1 MB/s to 1.4 MB/s, an order of magnitude lower than advertized). I was very disappointed at the poor performance to say the least.
Before returning the drive, I decided to test it under Windows XP. Wow, what a difference. The same drive, under Windows XP, is a speed demon. I am now satisfied that the drive behaves much more closely to it's advertized specs. For read speed, I am seeing something in the area of 30 MB/s, which is excellent. For write speed I am seeing roughly 7 MB/s. This is a little slower than advertized, but nonetheless, an excellent speed.

No comments: