Can't find what you are looking for ?
Google
 



Thursday, April 17, 2008

What Time Is It?

Young Man: "Sir, could you please tell me what time it is?"

Old Man: "Certainly not!"

Young Man: "Sir, but why? It wouldn't cost you anything to tell me the time?"

Old Man: "It certainly may cost me something if I tell you the time."

Young Man: "But Sir, can you tell me how?"

Old Man: "See, if I tell you the time you will definitely thank me and maybe tomorrow you will again ask me the time."

Young Man: "Quite possible."

Old Man: "Maybe we will meet two or three times more and you will ask my name and address."

Young Man: "Quite possible."

Old Man: "One day you may come to my house saying you were just passing by and stopped just to say, 'Hello'. Then as a courtesy, I will offer you a cup of coffee. After my courteous approach, you will stop for a visit again. This time you will appreciate the coffee and ask who made it."

Young Man: "Possible."

Old Man: "Then I have to introduce my beautiful young daughter to you and you will admire her very much."

Young Man: smiles.......

Old Man: "Then you will try to meet my daughter more often. You will then probably ask her out on a date. Possibly dinner and a movie."

Young Man: smiles......

Old Man: "My daughter may start to like you very much, and after dating regularly, you will fall in love with her and propose marriage."

Young Man: smiles.....

Old Man: "Then the both of you will come to me and tell me about your love and ask for my permission."

Young Man: "Oh Yes!!!"

Old Man: (Angrily) "Young man, I will never allow my daughter to marry a man who can't even afford a watch!"

No comments: