A black bird against the white ice on the ice at Jungfrau in Switzerland. Jungfrau is a resort in the midst of ice and glaciers, and you can find a number of black birds over here. They sit on the metal of one of the observation platforms.
Friday, July 31, 2009
The train journey to Jungfrau passed through greenery, and through semi-urban areas. This is a photo of the town of Wengen on the route to Jungfrau from Interlaken, where you can see greenery, buildings, and hills from within the train (you can see the reflection of light off the glass of the train windows)
A beautiful photo of a journey to Jungfrau, the journey was so beautiful with some incredible sceneries. In the same photo, you can see the ice line, where the greenery ends on the hills, and moves to the ice line higher up on the mountain. Such a photo was very captivating.
The benefits of yoga are extensive. Not only does yoga affect the physical aspect of the body, it addresses the mind and spirit as well. Daily exercises are a great way to help relieve the stress of your day and can bring a sense of well-being to your life.
1. Stress Relief : Yoga can help reduce the effects of stress on your body. One of the benefits of yoga is that it encourages relaxation and can lower the amount of cortisol in your body.
2. Pain Relief : Daily exercises of yoga can help ease the aches and pains of the body. Many people with very serious diseases have reported less pain after these daily exercises, such as asanas or meditation.
3. Better Breathing : You will learn to take deeper, slower breaths with daily exercises of yoga. It will help to increase your lung function and set off the body''s relaxation response. This can be one of the most powerful benefits of yoga.
4. Flexibility : You will notice your level of flexibility will increase, which will help with your range of motion. Sometimes in the yoga daily exercises, people cannot even touch their toes. The benefits of yoga will include lengthening the muscles, tendons, and ligaments in your body to help you become more flexible.
5. Increased Strength :Yoga poses use all the muscles in your body and help you increase your strength level from head to toe. The benefits of yoga and daily exercises will help you strengthen your muscles close to the bones, which increase the support of your skeletal system as well.
6. Weight Management : You will see the benefits of yoga begin to affect your scale. Daily exercises are always recommended, but yoga helps reduce the level of cortisol in your body. This aids in weight loss and fat burning.
7. Improved Circulation :Yoga will help improve your body''s circulation. In turn, with daily exercises, you will see the benefits of yoga with lowered blood pressure and pulse rates.
8. Cardiovascular Conditioning :Even the most gentle style of yoga will help to lower your resting heart reate and increase your overall endurance. This is one of the important benefits of yoga to help improve the amount of oxygen taken in during the daily exercises.
9. Focus on the Present : You can have greater coordination, memory skills, reaction times, and improved concentration skills by utilizing yoga for daily exercises. These benefits of yoga will extend far out of the yoga center.
10. Inner Peace : What more could you want. This is one of the primary reasons that people do daily exercises of yoga. This is one of the most important benefits of yoga and is also one of the more easy ones to attain.
11. Complete Detoxification : By gently stretching muscles and joints as well as massaging the various organs, yoga ensures the optimum blood supply to various parts of the body. This helps in the flushing out of toxins from every nook and cranny as well as providing nourishment up to the last point. This leads to benefits such as delayed ageing, energy and a remarkable zest for life.
Yoga Health Benefits versus Exercise Benefits :
- Yoga Benefits
* Parasympathetic Nervous System dominates.
* Subcortical regions of brain dominate.
* Slow dynamic and static movements.
* Normalization of muscle tone.
* Low risk of injuring muscles and ligaments.
* Low caloric consumption.
* Effort is minimized, relaxed.
* Energizing (breathing is natural or controlled).
* Balanced activity of opposing muscle groups.
* Noncompetitive, process-oriented.
* Awareness is internal (focus is on breath and the infinite).
* Limitless possibilities for growth in self-awareness.
- Exercise Benefits
* Sympathetic Nervous System dominates
* Cortical regions of brain dominate
* Rapid forceful movements
* Increased muscle tension
* Higher risk of injury
* Moderate to high caloric consumption
* Effort is maximized
* Fatiguing (breathing is taxed)
* Imbalance activity of opposing groups
* Competitive, goal-oriented
* Awareness is external (focus is on reaching the toes, reaching the finish line, etc.)
* Boredom factor
Yoga is a scientific system of physical and mental practices that originated in India more than three thousand years ago. Its purpose is to help each one of us achieve our highest potential and to experience enduring health and happiness. With Yoga, we can extend our healthy, productive years far beyond the accepted norm and, at the same time, improve the quality of our lives.
Yoga is a science of right living and it works when integrated in our daily life. It works on all aspects of the person: the physical, mental, emotional, psychic and spiritual. The word yoga means ‘unity’ or ‘oneness’ and is derived from the Sanskrit word ‘yuj’ which means ‘to join’.
The word Yoga automatically calls to mind Sage "Patanjali" the founder and father of Yoga. He lived around three centuries before Christ, and was a great philosopher and grammarian. The aim of Patanjali Yoga is to set man free from the cage of matter. Mind is the highest form of matter and man freed from this dragnet of Chitta or Ahankara (mind or ego) becomes a pure being.
WHAT YOGA IS NOT ?
There are too many misconceptions clouding the science of Yoga. People perceive it to be some kind of black or white magic, sorcery, physical or mental debauchery through which miraculous feats can be performed. For some it is an extremely dangerous practice which should be limited to only those who have renounced the world. Few others think it to be a kind of mental and physical acrobatism that is compatible only to a Hindu mind.
PATHS OF YOGA
* Raja yoga involves mastery of the mind and senses in Samadhi; essentially the advanced aspects of Patanjali's astanga yoga.
* Hatha yoga is the yoga of the will which involves cultivating ones energy to arouse Kundalini primarily by means of asana and pranayama.
* Mantra yoga involves reciting sacred syllables to reach perfection.
* Laya yoga involves absorption in god to experience ultimate bliss.
* Bhakti yoga requires absolute devotion to god to achieve the ultimate goal.
* Karma yoga achieves this through selfless work without thought of personal reward.
* Jnana yoga is the yoga of knowledge cultivating the discrimination between spiritual reality and the illusion of the material world.
YOGA SUTRAS OF PATANJALI
* Yama - Universal ethics: Non-violence, truthfulness, non-stealing, sexual restraint and non-acquisitiveness.
* Niyama - Principles of self conduct: purity, contentment, intense dedication or austerity, study of self and scriptures and self-surrender.
* Asana - practice of the postures.
* Pranayama - Breath control.
* Pratyahara - withdrawal and control of the senses.
* Dharana - concentration.
* Dhyana - meditation.
* Samadhi - a state of higher consciousness where the sense of self (ego) dissolves in the object of meditation and the individual self exists in its own pure nature.
Whether computing within your home, around town and campus, or across the country, the ultra-portable HP Mini 110 can keep you connected with built-in Wi-Fi. It has the performance you need to surf the web and use your standard productivity software apps -- but is light enough to carry everywhere at just 2.57 lbs. It syncs files, photos and videos easily with your primary notebook or desktop PC whenever connected to the same network with the integrated SyncablesTM app. After initial SyncablesTM setup, the file updates will occur in the background for a truly seamless experience. The HP Mini 110: The perfect mobile companion. ULTRA MOBILE PERFORMANCE: Based on an architecture that optimizes internet access and basic communication, Intel Atom processors power the HP Mini's reliable, energy-efficient performance. The LED anti-glare widescreen display reduces both system weight and reflections that can distract from the visual experience. The 92% of full-size keyboard also improves weight without sacrificing comfort. Integrated 802.11b/g wireless LAN enables wireless access within range of a hotspot. The HP Mini 110 series: Designed to optimize ultra mobile performance. What's in the box: Mini 110-1020nr, 30W AC Adapter, 3-Cell Lithium-Ion battery, Symantec Norton Internet Security 2009 with 60 days complimentary live update, Syncables Mobile Desktop 5, Microsoft Works, Adobe Acrobat Reader and HP Games Powered by Wild Tangent.
Technical Details :
* Intel Atom Processor N270, Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950.
* 1 GB DDR2 RAM (1 Dimm) (1 GB Maximum).
* 160GB (5400RPM) Hard Drive (SATA).
* Genuine Windows XP Home edition with Service Pack 3, 3 Cell Battery.
* 10.1 inch Diagonal SD LED Anti-glare Widescreen Display (1024x576).
HP MINI 110 Highlights :
- TRAVEL LIGHT, STAY CONNECTED : Whether computing within your home, around town and campus, or across the country, the ultra-portable HP Mini 110 can keep you connected with built-in Wi-Fi.
- ULTRA MOBILE PERFORMANCE : Based on an architecture that optimizes internet access and basic communication, Intel® Atom processors power the HP Mini's reliable, energy-efficient performance. The LED anti-glare widescreen display reduces both system weight and reflections that can distract from the visual experience.
- SURF COMFORTABLY : The HP Mini 110 makes it easy to stay connected everywhere you go. The built-in HP Webcam and Skype keep you close to friends and relatives.(3) Its near-full-size (92%) keyboard is more comfortable for most than the thumb keys on smartphones and PDAs.
- FUN ON THE RUN : Stream video or playback files loaded from your primary PC via Syncables™ software, a USB drive or the internet. Connect to a larger display via the VGA port to share with others. The HP Mini 110 keeps you entertained everywhere you go.
(1) Wireless use requires separately purchased service contract. Check with service provider for coverage area and availability in your area.
(2) Wireless access point and Internet service required and is not included. Availability of public wireless access points limited.
(3) Internet access required and sold separately.
(4) High-Definition content is required to view high-definition images.
This is by far the best netbook out there. Also, HP is the best PC maker in the world.
This ultra-compact camcorder adds an extra level of comfort to every shot you take. Its ergonomic design makes it easy to grip and hold long enough to catch that special memory in full high definition. And the 2.7-inch touch screen gives you a great view to make sure it’s all captured. Forgot your camera at home? You can also take high-quality 9-megapixel digital still photos and then flip through them on your HDTV with family and friends.
This ultra-compact camcorder adds an extra level of comfort to every shot you take. Its ergonomic design makes it easy to grip and hold long enough to catch that special memory in full high definition. And the 2.7" touch screen gives you a great view to make sure it's all captured. Forgot your camera at home? You can also take high-quality 9MP digital still photos and then flip through them on your HDTV with family and friends. New ergonomic design - An ultra-compact, ergonomic design with a smooth, curvy shape lets you hold the camcorder in total comfort. That means you're always ready to get the best shot and capture more memories. The lens is also angled at 25 degrees, which reduces the strain on your wrist and helps you to relax, record, smile. 1/2.33 9M pixel CMOS 5x optical (x8 Smart) zoom 2.7 LCD touchscreen viewfinder Full HD (1920x1080/60i) 9M pixel still (12M with pixel rising) SD/SDHC slot EIS Image stabilizer Advanced GUI (3D) HDMI Component Composite Built-in strobe flash NTSC Docking cradle Li-ion rechargeable battery New concept design with ergonomic grip Dimension - 1.5' (W) x 2.23 (H) x 5.04 (D) Weight - 0.51 lbs.
Technical Details :
* 1920 x 1080 Full HD recording; superior image quality appears clear on your HDTV.
* Capture HD video to SDHC/MMC cards.
* Intelli-zoom lens with 5x zoom.
* 9-megapixel digital still photos (up to 12 megapixels with Pixel Rising feature).
* High resolution, 2.7-inch touch-panel LCD.
Samsung HMX-R10 Highlights :
- 5x optical (8x Smart) zoom : With its high quality 5x optical zoom lens you can get close to the action from a safe distance.
- Full HD : Watch your videos in full high definition. That means crystal-clear details, the sharpest picture quality available and brilliant color. The 1/2.33" CMOS imaging sensor boasts 9 mega-pixels and yields impressive light sensitivity to capture full HD video at 1920 x 1080 lines of resolution.
- New ergonomic design : An ultra-compact, ergonomic design with a smooth, curvy shape lets you hold the camcorder in total comfort.
- 2.7-inch LCD touch screen : You'll never miss a shot with the 2.7-inch touch screen LCD display.
- 9-megapixel still images : Leave your camera at home and snap 2880 x 1620 resolution images and then watch them with family and friends on your TV screen.
- Time Lapse Recording : This feature uses selective frame capture to record over an extended period of time so that you can see the effects of long term recording condensed into a shorter time frame.
Positive Aspects :
- Great vids on all settings. Fits nice in hand. Great for the average person who just wants to capture memorable family moments.
The network layer provides services to the transport layer through virtual circuits or datagrams. In both cases, its main job is routing packets from the source to the destination. In virtual circuit subnets, a routing decision is made when the virtual circuit is set up. In datagram subnets, it is made on every packet.
Many routing algorithms are used in computer networks. Static algorithms include shortest path routing, flooding, and flow-based routing. Dynamic algorithms include distance vector routing and link state routing. Most actual networks use one of these. Other important routing techniques are hierarchical routing, routing for mobile hosts, broadcast routing, and multicast routing.
Subnets can become congested, increasing the delay and lowering the throughput for packets. Techniques include traffic shaping, flow specifications, and bandwidth reservation. If congestion does occur, it must be dealt with. Choke packets can be sent back, load can be shed, and other methods applied.
Networks differ in various ways, so when multiple networks are connected together problems can occur. Sometimes problems can be finessed by tunneling a packet through a hostile network, but if the source and the destination networks are different, this approach fails. Fragmentation may be called for if different networks are having different maximum sizes.
The Internet has a rich variety of protocols related to the network layer. These include the data protocol, IP, but also the control protocols ICMP, ARP, and RARP, and the routing protocols OSPF and BGP. The Internet is rapidly running out of IP addresses, so a new version of IP, IPv6, has been developed.
Unlike the datagram-based Internet, ATM networks use virtual circuits inside. There must be a set up before data can be transferred and torn down after transmission is completed. Quality of service and congestion control are major issues with ATM networks.
Canon's technological innovation has for decades delivered optical excellence, advanced image processing and top performance, from photographic and broadcast television cameras to our complete line of consumer camcorders.
Light, more compact and user-friendly, the Flash Memory Canon FS21 brings you stunning video at an affordable price. As employed in advanced electronic products such as laptop computers, MP3 players, PDAs and cell phones, Flash Memory has numerous benefits. Canon offers the best in Flash Memory with Dual Flash Memory, enabling you to record to both the camcorder's generous 16GB internal Flash drive and a removable SDHC card. It not only extends the recording space available, but also gives you added flexibility in file transfer and playback. You'll have a chance to catch even more of your life's special moments with the FS21. Adding to the usefulness of this camcorder is Canon's Quick Charge - which reduces the recharge time for the FS21's battery, and Pre-Record gives you a head start on capturing the action.
Technical Details :
* Dual Flash Memory; record up to 10 hours of video to a 16 GB internal Flash drive as well as directly to removable SDHC memory cards.
* Genuine Canon 48x Advanced Zoom gets you closer and wider, while preserving image quality.
* 1.07 MP CCD image sensor; Canon DIGIC DV II image processor.
* Widescreen HR recording; 2.7-inch widescreen LCD.
* Ultra-sleek, lightweight design allows you to take your camcorder with you anywhere.
Canon FS21 Highlights :
- Dual Flash Memory: 16GB Internal Flash Drive & SDHC Card Slot : You can capture video on both the camcorder's internal 16GB Flash Memory as well as onto an SDHC memory card. Video stored on the internal Flash drive can also be copied onto the memory card which can then be inserted into your computer or television's card reader slot for immediate viewing.
- Ultra-Sleek, Compact and Lightweight Design : Measuring only 2.2 inches wide, 2.3 inches high and 4.8 inches deep, it combines big video storage capacity in a small, easy to carry camcorder weighing only 7.9 ounces.
- Genuine 48x Advanced Zoom : Advanced Zoom extends the power of your zoom and is the longest zoom Canon has ever offered. In both wide angle and telephoto positions, there is virtually no loss in image quality throughout the range.
- 1.07-megapixel CCD Image Sensor : The video you shoot will be sharp, clear and more true to life, as will your still photos.
- DIGIC DV II Image Processor : DIGIC DV II ensures optimal image quality. It also ensures optimal image quality for still images, even though video and still images have different color requirements. DIGIC DV II is just another one of Canon's advanced technologies that make the FS21 an exceptional performer.
- Superb Shooting Control - Video Snapshot, Quick Start, Quick Charge, Dual Shot, Image stabilizer, Pre-record, Joystick control, Variable Zoom Speed Control, Level and Grid Markers and More.
- The Intelligent Lithium-ion battery which powers the FS21 is a major, and useful, advance. It not only more accurately tracks remaining battery life, it also gives a display in minutes remaining. It will allow you to better plan your shooting, so you won't be caught out with a battery that suddenly goes from "half" to "empty."
- The Built-in Electronic Lens Cover means you never have to go looking for your lens cover again. Turn your camcorder on and the lens cover automatically opens. Turn it off, and the cover closes.
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Terminal for ultra-fast transfer of movies and photos.
- With the FS21's Microphone and Headphone Terminals you can attach an external microphone or headphones to more accurately record or monitor audio from a specific source, or to review audio in playback.
- The FS21 camcorder is bundled with a powerful software suite. Pixela ImageMixer 3SE* lets you play back your recorded video on your computer. You can also easily perform editing in which you can trim, reorder, and combine scenes, as well as add music, titles, and transitions. With the Pixela ImageMixer 3SE Software, you can burn a standard definition DVD to relive the memories on your TV. And to perfectly complement the Video Snapshot feature found on Canon Flash Memory camcorders, a music CD containing royalty-free soundtracks is also provided.
- 1 Year Parts And Labor Limited Warranty provides protection long after other manufacturers' warranties expire.
With the Panasonic HDC-SD20 HD Flash camcorder, a new high-performance Leica lens makes it possible to pack a powerful 16x zoom into a compact body. Because the zoom is optical, there's limited image degradation. With Panasonic's Advanced O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer), you can catch dynamic shots with no blurring in both still and motion images. You can also enjoy a 5.1-channel surround sound system featuring Zoom Mic functions.
The SD20 features a touch-screen that lets you operate a variety of functions intuitively without taking your eyes off of the subject on the LCD screen. And the AF Tracking has been added to the iA function which automatically judges the scene and makes the best possible settings, so the SD20 keeps the subject in focus even if the subject's face turns away from the camcorder.
Technical Details :
* Capture Full HD video; 1920 x 1080 resolution.
* Record directly so SD memory cards.
* 16x Leica Dicomar lens with Optical Image Stabilization.
* 9 lux low-light performance with built in video light.
* 2.7-inch touch-panel LCD.
Pansonic SD20 Highlights :
1. High-Quality Picture and Sound.
2. 16x optical zoom : You can zoom close to catch dynamic shots of distant objects. And because the zoom is optical, there's limited image degradation. A new high-performance Leica lens makes it possible to pack a powerful 16x zoom into a compact body.
3. New Leica Dicomar Lens : The SD20 also introduces a new high-performance Leica lens in which both resolution and contrast have been improved by refinements to our low-dispersion lens and aspherical lens. A multi-coating process applied to all lens surfaces helps suppress ghosts and flaring, so you get sharp, crisp images even in strong outdoor lighting. The superb rendering ability of this advanced camcorder lens makes it ideal for capturing expressive full-HD images.
4. Advanced O.I.S. : Panasonic's Advanced O.I.S. helps suppress the effects of hand-shake as you shoot, for both motion and still images.
5. HD Crystal Engine : A high-speed processing unit that handles huge volumes of data and virtually doubles the dynamic range. This advanced imaging engine helps prevent blown highlights and blocked shadows, so the images you capture on video look just the way they do in real life.
6. Digital Cinema Color with VIERA : This mode automatically switches the camcorder to the optimum setting for the Digital Cinema Color of the VIERA plasma TV series.
7. 5.1-channel Surround Sound System and Zoom Mic : The SD20 is equipped with three electret condenser microphones. The center mic helps capture the sound source and distance accurately, so you get a more 3-dimensional effect than you get with conventional systems, which capture all sounds from the front.
8. Soft Skin Mode : When this function detects skin tones, it softens the focus in that area.
9. Tele Macro : Using the zoom at full magnification, you can shoot macro close-ups while maintaining a distance of 50 cm from your subject. This makes it much easier to capture extreme close-ups without your body or camera casting a shadow on the subject and while keeping the background in soft focus.
- Good quality.
- Ease of use.
The mini-HDMI port has a short, requiring me to ship back for a replacement, which will not be a quick turnaround.
TK40 is the first four-core LED flashlight of Fenix, which provide high brightness and long-throwing beam. CREE MC-E four-core LED, max output reaches 630 Lumens, which makes it the world’s brightest AA flashlight. Optimized circuit with large reflector throw 300m (984ft) long lighting beam. Intelligent memory circuitry memorizes last primary output when activating the light. The TK40 produces great power with standard AA batteries. The battery is inexpensive and widely available. This light is suitable for outdoor hunting, exploring, search and rescue, and all other extreme adventures in your life.
Uses eight 1.5V AA batteries (not included) and maintains excellent constant brightness with two output modes: 8 output types,including Turbo output which can be used whenever high-powered light is needed, exploration, search & rescue, long-range ID
Cree MC-E LED 2 modes with 8 types of output -4 types of primary output: Turbo (630 Lumens, 2Hrs), Low (13 Lumens, 150Hrs), Mid (93 Lumens, 20Hrs), High (277 Lumens, 6.8Hrs) -4 types of strobe: Strobe, Slow flash, SOS, Fast flash
The Fenix TK40 is a great tool comparable to a 10 watt search/rescue HID (high intensity discharge) light, but since it is a LED, it is brighter, more efficient, and its multiple light levels make it more functional and more applicable to different tasks.
* EXTREMELY BRIGHT--> up to 630 lumens on turbo mode. However, it also has 13 lumens, 93 lumens, and 277 lumens. This allows you to compromise between brightness and battery life, and to use it for different tasks.
* Runs on inexpensive AA batteries (8 of them), rather than on lithium or 123A's. It can use rechargeable batteries.
* Each intensity (low, medium, high, turbo) has slow flash, fast flash, SOS, and tactical strobe abilities.
* Hard aluminum body, resistant to almost any mishaps you might get this light in.
* Can run on 4 AA batteries if that's all you have.
* The low output is very useful, and it can run for 130 hours.
* Digital regulated output will maintain the brightness stable even when the batteries are low ( will not dim as the batteries become wasted).
* Has an anti-roll design.
* It is waterproof (it was tested by being submerged in 2 meters of water, in which it lasted waterproof for 30 minutes). This means you can use it in the rain without fear of it being damaged).
* Excellent peripheral light and great "throw."
*Includes a nice carrying case, a shoulder strap, wrist lanyard, extra O-rings, and and extra rubber switch boot.
* You can only use the turbo mode for no more than 15 minutes at a time (according to manufacturer recommendations).
* If you use lithium batteries, you void the warranty.
* Batteries are NOT included.
* It takes some getting used to the cycling through the different modes. Read the instructions carefully and practice!
* There is NO momentary-on switch.
* The light is pretty big, bulky, and heavy once the batteries are in. It is probably out of the question to buy a holster for it and hang it from your belt.
* The cartridge into which the batteries are inserted is a bit confusing to use, but fortunately the light has protection so that the LED won't be harmed if you insert the batteries wrong.
* The light is VERY bright, but for some reason it still does not outperform my Pelican 7060 in terms of "throw." The 7060 is rated at only 130 lumens, so it must have something to do with the reflector.
Despite its minor flaws, the PROs outweigh the CONs. The light is a bit expensive though. You would think that for $154, they would at least throw in 8 AA batteries, but they did not. So Fenix, if you are reading this, please include a complimentary set of batteries. Other than this, the light is flawless and its ray of light is amazing, you've got to check it out!
The TA30 is a solid, impact-resistant flashlight that features Fenix's revolutionary four-stage revolving dimmer system. Powered by three CR123A batteries, the TA30 pumps out 225 lumens and will burn for up to 115 continuous hours. For hunting, shooting, exploring, and searching, the TA30 is your best bet. The TA30 features Fenix's unique revolving dimmer system, a rotary interface that allows you to select the different modes of output easily and effortlessly. The selector ring will rotate up to 90 degrees, which helps you to know which mode you are on even in dark environments so you won't have to play "roulette" when you go to turn on your light!
8 inch lenth, 8 ounce weight, AMAZING 4 output levels: Low: 9 Lumens (115 hrs), Medium: 60 Lumens (25 hrs), High: 225 Lumens (3.5 hrs) and Strobe 230 Lumens (7 Hrs)
Will reach over 200 meters (656 FT) powered by three 3V CR123A or 4.2V RCR123A batteries--NOT INCLUDED
Body design is made of durable aircraft-grade aluminum, Type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
Waterproof to IPX-8 Standard
Virtually indestructible, microprocessor-controlled, CREE light emitting diode (LED) has no filament to burn out or break, Cree Premium (Q5) 7090 XR-E LED with lifespan of 50,000 hours
Im a retired Police officer from NY, do part time security and love bicycling. I needed a durable light which I could use on my bicycle and quickly take it with me. I also bought the TwoFish Flashlite Holder. I think if you buy this light and holder you'll be very happy. I use it in flash mode and people have told me they thought it was a police car approaching. This light is amazingly bright and durable. I dropped it a couple of time on my tile floors and concrete outside my home. Other then scuff marks the lights still works. It has 4 setting all of which are useful to me (as a biker). I've owed streamlights, kel-lites, mag-lites and sure-fire lights and for the money this is by far the best! The light will also end stand with the button depressed. It will not stand on its cap in the off position but who needs it to? The light will roll but not as quickly or readily as other lights due to the built in notches. On a slight grades in my driveway the light did not roll away. The light can be used as a defensive weapon due to the cut-outs on the head and tail which are nice features. I was able to break up some ice in the cooler with the trail end. Beg, borrow, steal...although this is not a small flashlight it has too many great features to ignore. Now if I could find a quality duty belt basket weave flashlight holder I'd be set! Hope this review helps your decision.
The Fenix LD01 is extremely small, not much bigger than the AAA cell it uses. It has 3 modes: primary, low, and maximum. These modes not only allow the user to select the best compromise between brightness and runtime for any given task, but they also help to aid in an emergency. The Fenix LD01 uses just one common AAA battery and produces light compared to many other flashlights 10 times it's size. It's compact size and lightweight build, it is perfect for Every Day Carry (EDC). Moreover, its solid reliability has been strictly tested and proven.
3 inch length, less than one ounce weight, AMAZING 3 OUTPUT LEVELS: 27 Lumens (3.5hrs) -> 10 Lumens (8.5hrs) -> 80 Lumens (1hrs)
Uses one 1.5V AAA ( Alkaline, Ni-MH, Lithium ) battery, inexpensive and widely available--NOT INCLUDED
Unbelievable 1 ounce body design is made of durable aircraft-grade aluminum, Type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
Waterproof to IPX-8 Standard
Virtually indestructible, microprocessor-controlled, CREE light emitting diode (LED) has no filament to burn out or break
1. If you're looking for a compact one that runs on a single AAA battery that will always be ready and available, the Fenix LD01 is by far the best in terms of light output, beam quality, efficiency, and durability. It's about the size of a ChapStick so you can carry it in the often unused change pocket of your jeans. I've used it as a bike headlight with great results. Other flashlights I've tried give off a dim, poorly diffused, blue tinted beam. The Fenix LD01 provides three levels of very useful white light. It's great for camping. If you store one in an emergency kit, install a lithium battery as it has a long shelf life and won't leak if it ever does go dead. I recommend getting flashlights that take either AA or AAA batteries as they're the most readily available and come in lithium versions. It may seen like a lot of money to spend on a dinky little flashlight, but it's worth every penny.
2. I have mine on my keyring. It's extraordinarily bright (and has three controlable brightness levels for battery conservation (or discretion), which the catalog info doesn't seem to mention. It's waterproof, built like a brick s**thouse, and barely adds to the bulk or weight of the keys in my pocket. This new generation of super-brilliant LEDs is instantly transforming flashlights, making ANY older light obsolete -- and is apparently on the verge of transforming household lighting too.
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Many babies develop a mild form of jaundice two to four days after birth. The skin has a golden, sun-tanned appearance and the eye whites have a yellowish tinge. Newborn jaundice is due to the build-up of a yellow pigment in the blood (bilirubin) normally broken down by the liver. It occurs because the liver is not yet fully matured. Jaundice is more common in premature babies and in babies bruised during birth.
A bilirubin level of 12 or more which continues to increase after the third day and a baby that is dehydrated and lethargic is an indication of pathological jaundice. This is a condition could be related to blood group incompatibility or a damaged liver and the help of an experienced professional healer is very likely necessary for effective infant jaundice treatments in this case. If untreated this type of infant jaundice can lead to brain damage. The two other types of infant jaundice, physiologic jaundice and breast milk jaundice require little to no treatment and will disappear within a few weeks on their own.
Treatments to lower the level of bilirubin in your baby's blood may include:
- Light therapy (phototherapy). Your baby may be placed under special lighting that emits light in the blue-green spectrum. The light changes the shape and structure of bilirubin molecules in such a way that they can be excreted in the urine and stool. The light isn't an ultraviolet light, and a protective plastic shield filters out any ultraviolet light that may be emitted. During the treatment, your baby will wear only a diaper and protective eye patches.
- Sunlight will also help break down the bilirubin. So another effective infant jaundice treatment is to undress your baby and, while shading her eyes, give her a sun bath in the early morning or late afternoon sun for five minutes.
- Breastfeed your baby frequently. Plenty of fluids are needed to flush away the bilirubin.
- Intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIg). Jaundice may be related to blood type differences between mother and baby. This condition results in the baby carrying antibodies from the mother that contribute to the breakdown of blood cells in the baby. Intravenous transfusion of immunoglobulin, a blood protein that can reduce levels of antibodies, may decrease jaundice and lessen the need for exchange blood transfusion.
- Exchange blood transfusion. Rarely, when severe jaundice doesn't respond to other treatments, a baby may need an exchange transfusion of blood. This involves repeatedly withdrawing small amounts of blood, diluting out the bilirubin and maternal antibodies, and then transferring blood back into the baby — a procedure that's performed in a newborn intensive care unit.
If you suspect breast milk jaundice you can stop breastfeeding for a short period of time (no longer than 48 hours) to see if the bilirubin level drops without breast milk.
Jaundice is the yellow discoloration of the skin and the whites of the eyes. It is caused by a build-up of a substance called Bilirubin.In many cases, yellowness in the white part of the eyes is more obvious than in the skin.
There are three types of jaundice that affects adults are:
* Hemolytic jaundice.
* Hepatocellular jaundice
* Obstructive jaundice
CAUSES OF JAUNDICE :
* anemia and more precisely hemolytic anemia.
* blockage of bile ducts due to certain reasons.
* hepatitis condition.
* cancer of pancreas.
* liver disorders caused by increased alcohol consumption.
SYMPTOMS OF JAUNDICE :
The symptoms of jaundice are severe constipation, fever, nausea, pain in the liver region and yellow colour of the eyes, tongue, skin and urine.
HOME REMEDIES FOR JAUNDICE
1. 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder mixed in a glass of hot water taken 2-3 times a day.
2. Make a paste of tender papaya leaves. Take 1/2 tsp of this paste with 1 tsp honey.
3. Boil 1 cup of water, when it boils add 8-10 lemon leaves. Cover and leave for 4-5 minutes. Drink the decoction for 4-5 days.
4. Lots of lime juice should be consumed.
5. 1/2 tsp ginger juice, 1 tsp mint juice and 1tsp lime juice to be taken as often as possible.
6. 1 cup of juice made with radish leaves taken 2 times a day.
7. First thing in the morning, drink 1 glass of fresh Tomato juice. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to this.
8. The juice of bitter luffa is also good home remedy for jaundice.
9. An infusion is made out of snake gourd leaves by mixing 15 gm of dry leaves in 250 ml of water and then boiling it. Take this at a time for once in a day.
10. Coriander seeds are put in ½ liter of water and then boil till it becomes one third. Take this decoction in the dosage of 30-50 ml thrice a day.
11. Take one cup of barely boiled in three liters of water. It is cooled and then taken. Take this water several times a day.
12. Consume minerals like iron and calcium during the attack of jaundice.
13. Consume mashed banana wit a table spoon of honey is very good remedy for liver disorders.
14. Buttermilk should be continuously consumed for seven days with a pinch or black pepper helps in rejuvenating liver.
15. Beet root juice with lemon juice is highly effective in treating jaundice.
16. Carrot juice is also recommended in liver ailments.
17. Consume prune fruit as it helps in preventing jaundice.
18. A mixture of almonds (badam), dried dates (chhuhara) and cardamom (chotti ilachi) is regarded as an effective remedy for jaundice.
19. Take an Indian drug Amlaki or Indian gooseberry in any form.
20. One glass of sugarcane juice, mixed with the juice of half a lime, and taken twice daily, can hasten recovery from jaundice.
DIETARY CONSIDERATIONS :
On the initial stages of jaundice, a person is to be kept on juice diet. The juices could be of fruits and vegetables. This will give rest to the intestines and so the liver. Any organ in human body recovers faster from illness if they are given rest.
After the juice diet, one can go for very light diet. the diet with light carbohydrates and exclusion of fats is good to have in case of jaundice.
Oily, fast food, junk food, canned food, packaged food and food that is heavy to digest must be avoided.Stimulating beverages like coffee, tea and alcohol are strictly contraindicated. One should also stop smoking.
CDMA (Code-Division Multiple Access) refers to any of several protocols used in so-called second-generation (2G) and third-generation (3G) wireless communications. As the term implies, CDMA is a form of multiplexing, which allows numerous signals to occupy a single transmission channel, optimizing the use of available bandwidth. CDMA, a proprietary standard designed by Qualcomm in the United States, has been the dominant network standard for North America and parts of Asia.
Coverage: The most important factor is getting service in the areas you will be using your phone. Upon viewing competitors' coverage maps you may discover that CDMA carriers offer cellular service in your area. If so, there is no decision to be made, but most people will find that they do have a choice.
For radio systems there are two resources, frequency and time. Division by frequency, so that each pair of communicators is allocated part of the spectrum for all of the time, results in Frequency Division Multiple Access (FDMA). Division by time, so that each pair of communicators is allocated all (or at least a large part) of the spectrum for part of the time results in Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA). In Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA), every communicator will be allocated the entire spectrum all of the time. CDMA uses codes to identify connections.
CDMA is a form of spread-spectrum, a family of digital communication techniques that
have been used in military applications for many years. The core principle of spread
spectrum is the use of noise-like carrier waves, and, as the name implies, bandwidths
much wider than that required for simple point-to-point communication at the same data rate. CDMA is a Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum system. The CDMA system works directly on 64 kbit/sec digital signals. These signals can be digitized voice, ISDN channels, modem data, etc.
CDMA is altering the face of cellular and PCS communication by:
· Dramatically improving the telephone traffic capacity.
· Dramatically improving the voice quality and eliminating the audible effects of
· Reducing the incidence of dropped calls due to handoff failures.
· Providing reliable transport mechanism for data communications, such as
facsimile and internet traffic.
· Reducing the number of sites needed to support any given amount of traffic.
· Simplifying site selection.
· Reducing deployment and operating costs because fewer cell sites are needed.
· Reducing average transmitted power.
· Reducing interference to other electronic devices.
· Reducing potential health risks.
Tip 1 (Don't provoke the animals): When you are photographing an animal in its natural environment, it can get very boring, and the temptation is incredible to provoke or to do something similar to the animal so as to get some reaction, or some action. Don't do it. No image, no matter how good, unique or special it may be, is worth stressing, endangering or otherwise harming wildlife.
Tip 2 (Looking everywhere): You don't need to go to jungles to get photos of animals (unless you have a specific assignment). If you have a green backyard or have a large park nearby, you can get some great photos there as well.
Tip 3 (Respect all laws): You can see a great new looking bird, but it is in somebody's yard, and the temptation is great to just move in for some time and take a photo. You need to be careful of property rights. If you ask people politely, they might agree.
Tip 4 (Different seasons): If you find a promising area (such as wetlands, or nearby green area), explore the place in different seasons. You can get great photos at different times of the year, including birds who visit only in certain seasons, or other seasons are breeding seasons.
Tip 5 (Don't look down at zoos / parks): A zoo or a park showcases a wide range of exotic animals that will take a lot of exploration to see in their natural wonders. Don't look down on taking photographs in these zoos; for example animal parks in South Africa can get a chance to see big animals in close to their natural settings.
Given what the Nazis did to Europe before and during the Second World War, and given the genocide they committed towards Jews, Russians, gypsies, Poles, etc., it is absolutely incredibly stupid that a mayor of a town would wear a Nazi uniform to a fashion show. Take a look at this stupid this behavior could be (link to article):
Jewish organizations called for a Romanian official to resign and face a criminal investigation after he wore a Nazi uniform during a fashion show over the weekend. Radu Mazare, the mayor of the town of Constanta, and his 15-year-old son "entered the stage marching the clearly identifiable Nazi 'goose step,'" the Center for Monitoring and Combating anti-Semitism in Romania said in a letter to the country's prosecutor general.
Mazare, 41, said he had not noticed the Nazi swastika symbol on the uniform before he wore it, according to the Romanian Times newspaper. "I checked it before I put it on but the swastika was very small and I didn't see it," he said. "I really liked the look of the uniform after seeing it in the Tom Cruise film 'Valkyrie.' I bought it from a costume hire shop in Germany."
So, how is that a mayor of a city did not know the history of the Nazis, or recognize the swastika on the uniform ? Even though he wore a uniform of the Army rather than the SS, the Army was also an instrument of the Nazis during the Second World War.
Actually, the Ashok Hotel is a landmark by itself, located next to the Prime Minister's house at Race Course Road, next to Santusthi, and next to Nehru Park. Here is a link to a funny map from the F Bar site (link) that shows the map of Ashok Hotel with the roads next to it, as well as a map showing how to get to the F Bar inside the Ashok Hotel (link). Astoundingly for a place in Delhi, the site also has 360 degrees virtual tours that allow you to get a view inside the F Bar even if you have never stepped inside (link).
The F bar is fairly big (8000 sq. feet), being spread over many different levels, with some more exclusive zones such as the Fashion Lounge and the super, super exclusive Diamond Lounge for those who consider themselves the elite.
The F Bar is a franchise of FTV, and is a place where you can bump into famous personalities such as movie stars, fashion people, models, etc. You can also spot many industrialists over here. The place is very well decorated, with neon lights that are not tacky, instead giving a psychedelic environment, the one in which your feet start tingling and moving (and the Interiors have a steel black and white finish). The place plays different types of music, including many times bollywood remixes (you know, many people like remixes of Bollywood movies even though they would never admit to it).
Drinks are good, although as you move past midnight, the bar gets more crowded and it could take time to get a drink, and as you are already in an expensive place, you should assume that the drinks will also be pricey.
Address and contact details:
Price Range: INR 1200 upwards (entry costs are: Cover charges of Rs. 2000 for a couple and Rs. 500 for single women)
Address: The Ashok | 50-B Chanakayapuri, New Delhi, India
Phone: (91-11) 26110101
Some videos from there:
Clubbin at F Bar @ Ashok !!
FTV - F-Bar New Delhi
Location of F Bar in Ashok Hotel, Delhi, on Google Maps
View Larger Map
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Encapsulation is not a common word in the English language; however, it is an important phrase in the word of software design, especially in the world of Object Oriented Programming. So what does encapsulation mean ?
In computer science, the principle of information hiding means the hiding of design decisions in a computer program, those decisions that are most likely to change, thus protecting other parts of the program from change; especially if the design decision is changed. The protection involves providing a stable interface which shields the remainder of the program from the implementation (the details that are most likely to change). The purpose is to achieve potential for change: the internal mechanisms of the component can be improved without impact on other components, or the component can be replaced with a different one that supports the same public interface.
The term encapsulation is often used interchangeably with information hiding, while some make distinctions between these two terms (although to most people these terms seem the same). It seems that people, however, fail to agree on the distinctions between information hiding and encapsulation though one can think of information hiding as being the principle and encapsulation being the technique. A software module hides information by encapsulating the information into a module or other construct which presents an interface.
The concept of encapsulation is a term that is an integral part of object-oriented programming, where the interface to an object is defined by its public methods, while its internal state is represented by private data. Encapsulation is a good principle of object oriented design, and part of well designed systems.
Bye Bye Standby is a brand new energy saving solution designed to reduce the daily energy consumption of electrical devices. Bye Bye Standby works by completely cutting power to the devices plugged into it when they're not in use, thus saving the power that these devices would otherwise have consumed in Standby Mode. Bye Bye Standby is a new way to save energy, carbon emissions and money.
Fully cuts power to your electrical devices at the flick of a switch
Reduces your monthly electric bill by turning off electrical devices left on standby
Prevents the release of carbon emissions by shutting off appliances not in use
Easy plug-in installation
Includes convenient remote control of electrical devices
With patented auto-switching technology that saves you money on electrical bills, the Smart Strip LCG3 Energy Saving Power Strip features 10 outlets that work in sync to efficiently power your electrical devices. This unique energy-saving power strip automatically switches devices on and off and uses less than one watt of power when fully energized. And with premium EMF/RFI filtering and 2225-joule protection to defend devices against surges, this strip keeps your valuable electronic equipment fully protected.
You don't want your power strip to eat up power, but you also want assurance that your equipment is safe from harsh power surges. Ideal for computer systems and home entertainment centers, the Smart Strip LCG3 employs a proprietary auto-switching technology that automatically shuts down devices that are not in use, saving you money and reducing your overall energy usage.
Superior EMI/RFI filtering
Up to 60db line noise reduction
84,000Amp, three-way protection
4 way wall mountable
2875 joules three-way protection
1. Works perfectly! I'm sure I'll start seeing savings right away since I have plethora of equipment. Setup is simple, just plug the TV i it into the controlling outlet and then the DVD player, xbox, etc... into the switching outlets. Now when I power off/on the TV everything shuts off/on with it. The nice thing about the power strip is that it has a couple of always-on outlets for recording devices - so they don't lose the date and time. This is a well thought out and simple product.
2. I had an idea what this SmartStrip could do but i really wanted to see it for myself. This guy is as simple as it sounds and just as convenient. You have 1 outlet that you plug your switching device in. The switching device is the device that when you turn on or off turns everything else on or off. You also have 2 Always ON outlets (for DVR boxes or Broadband Modem, etc). And 4 "Controlled" outlets, 1 of which is an extra wide one. Now, the 1 outlet for the switching device is an Always ON outlet.
There is a little knob on the side for helping you tweek the switching setting that power off everything else when you put the main device into a low power state or off. Because some things draw power even when turned off so you may need to tweek it.
Wireless LED light turns on automatically the moment you open a drawer, closet door, walk-in closets, cellar stairs, circuit breaker box, and more! With Genius Light, you'll never have to deal with the dark when you have your hands full and can't reach a switch or use a flashlight. Mount it in a drawer, closet or other enclosed space and whenever you enter or open them, a magnetic sensor moves and separates from the LED light unit, turning it on. Reverse the process and the light turns off. Installs with included adhesive pads. Uses three button batteries.
Install with adhesive pads, included.
Make dark places like cellar stairs, walk-in closets and storage drawers safer, etc
An effortless way to conserve energy
Open the door or drawer and the light goes on.
Leave the closet and shut the door or close the drawer and the light goes out automatically.
Going green has never been easier. With the Belkin 8-Outlet Conserve Surge Protector, you can eliminate the wasteful standby power that many of your home appliances generate, lowering your overall energy consumption and saving you money on energy costs. Featuring a convenient remote control, the Conserve Surge Protector gives you the option of completely shutting off devices that consume standby power without having to reach behind furniture or beneath desks.
tandby power--also known as "phantom power"--is the energy that devices consume while they are still plugged into a power outlet, even while the device is turned off. This wasteful "phantom power" is generated by TVs, computers, computer accessories, battery chargers, and many other electronic devices.
Although the devices are not actually doing anything, they are still sipping energy. And not just minuscule amounts--the California Energy Commission estimates that as much as 15% of household electricity use can be attributed to standby power loss!
The Conserve offers a total of eight surge-protected outlets, six of which are "switchable" and two that are "always-on." This means that you can connect up to six devices that can be controlled by the remote, and two devices that will always stay on. The "always-on" outlets are useful for devices that require a constant flow of energy, such as routers, alarm clocks, cable modems, or DVRs.
Surge protector includes remote control to easily turn off power and save energy
Six switchable and two always-on power outlets
Built-in cord management; wall-mountable remote control
Slim, space-saving design
Backed by lifetime product and $100,000 connected equipment warranty
1. Excellent product, push the remote transmitter button and the surge protector switches off. Push it again and the surge protecter turns on. Will definitely save electricity by cutting power to devices that are always on standby.
Only problem with the unit I received was that initially the remote switch would not turn the surge protector on. I thought that I might have to return it, until I checked the frequency settings for the remote switch and the surge protector. Switched them to match and the unit worked like a charm. It seems that the factory set settings did not match.
2. So I got one of these and within the first month I saw a $50 reduction in my power bill. Seriously! It all started after I got a power meter and started going crazy to find what was sucking power around my house. My power bills where at 100+ and it wasn't making any since. So I started measuring and found out that my entertainment center was eating 80 - 85 Watts of power when it was OFF! Now everything I have didn't exactly cut off and turns out my Sharp Aquos was eating the most power off.
The Carafe filtered water kitchen faucet introduces a unique level of functionality with contemporary European styling. Combining all the benefits of a single lever kitchen faucet with an integrated filtered water faucet to minimized clutter around the sink. The faucet is ideally scaled for both prep and entertainment sink applications.
Clean European design
Single-lever handle for ease of operation
360 degree swivel spout with 9" clearance maximizes functional performance for prep sinks and island installations
Separate quarter turn controls filtered water delivery
Flexible stainless steel supplies simplify installation
Finally the spectacle seems to be getting over. There is a lot of speculation that Rakhi will do something to avoid getting married, including declaring in the end that she does not like any of these grooms and does not want to get married to any of them. In addition, it is very much possible that the prospective groom also realizes that some publicity is not enough to actually get married to Rakhi. Anyhow, the serial is in its last few days, with the marriage supposed to happen on the 2nd of August, 2009.
The show started with a huge number of people signing up, and then being whittled down to a field of 10. From these 10, Rakhi would evaluate them on various parameters, including how they walked over hot coals for her, whether they could bear having her name tattoed on their hand. A few of them were obvious publicity seekers, such as this guy called Manmohan who was there till the last 4, but who was probably a bigger drama-seeker than Rakhi. As the number of people reduced, Rakhi also met their families, went to their home towns, had live dates with them, and so on. But you could see her drama everywhere.
Now, it is down to 3, with the hot favorite being Elesh (from Canada, willing to settle down in Mumbai).
Present Contestants are:
27th July 2009 - Rakhi Ka Swayamvar [Special Epiosde] - Part 1
27th July 2009 - Rakhi Ka Swayamvar [Special Epiosde] - Part 2
27th July 2009 - Rakhi Ka Swayamvar [Special Epiosde] - Part 3
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Her wish to live in the jungle did not last for the full 2 months that she had initially signed up for. Shweta Tiwary was missing her daughter, and apparently finding that life in the jungle was not as easy as she thought it would be. There were animals nearby (apparently the unit saw a big snake recently); her experience in the game in the coffin with frogs would not have been too good; she was also critical of the rude behavior of Akash. Eventually, on the show on the 27th of July, she quickly packed her stuff and left after bidding a goodbye to the rest of the team. Even exiting from the jungle is not so easy. She had to walk in water, across another section of the jungle, and then in fast boat till she much have reached some form of civilization.
Another new celebrity entered the jungle at around the same time, and this was the the hot Nigar Khan, who had been deported from India a few years back. She cannot come to India for such a show because of visa problems, but since the show was being held in Malaysia, she could take part in the show over there.
Video of departure of Shweta Tiwary from Iss Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao on 27th July:
Monday, July 27, 2009
There are several classifications of firewalls depending on where the communication is taking place, where the communication is intercepted and the state that is being traced.
1. Packet Filtering Firewall : A packet filtering firewall will examine the information contained in the header of a packet of information which, is attempting to pass through the proverbial 'drawbridge into the castle'. It works on the network level of the OSI. This type of firewall only examines the header information. If data with malicious intent is sent from a trusted source, this type of firewall is no protection. When a packet passes the filtering process, it is passed on to the destination address. If the packet does not pass, it is simply dropped. This model is the best known and most widely used model for describing networking environments."
2. Stateful Packet Inspection : They filter packets at the network level and they recognize and process application-level data, but since they don't employ proxies, they deliver reasonably good performance in spite of the deep packet analysis. On the downside, they are not cheap, and they can be difficult to configure and administer.
3. Application Level Proxy : The slowest and most unwieldy firewall is the application level proxy. This type of firewall works on the application level of the protocol stack, which enables it to perform with more intelligence than a packet filtering or circuit gateway firewall.hey determine if a connection to a requested specific application is permitted such as, Internet access or Email. This allows the user to determine what application their computers will be used for. Also known as proxy servers they not only screen packets and determine what applications are permitted to be accessed but also offer protection from outside sources by hiding internal computers from external viewing.
4. Circuit Gateways : Circuit gateway firewalls work on the transport level of the protocol stack. They are fast and transparent, but really provide no protection from attacks. Circuit gateway firewalls also do not check the data in the packet. The one great benefit to this type of firewall is that they make the LAN behind the firewall invisible, as everything coming from within the firewall appears to have originated from the firewall itself. This is the least used type of firewall.
5. Network-Level Firewalls : The first generation of firewalls (c. 1988) worked at the network level by inspecting packet headers and filtering traffic based on the IP address of the source and the destination, the port and the service. Network-level firewalls are fast, they do not support sophisticated rule-based models. They don’t understand languages like HTML and XML, and they are capable of decoding SSL-encrypted packets to examine their content. As a result, they can’t validate user inputs or detect maliciously modified parameters in an URL request. This leaves your network vulnerable to a number of serious threats.
6. Internet Connection Firewall : Windows XP provides Internet security in the form of the new Internet Connection Firewall (ICF). ICF makes use of active packet filtering, which means the ports on the firewall are opened for as long as needed to enable you to access the services you are interested in.
Hailing from the famed firearm manufacturer, the Smith & Wesson Galaxy 13 flashlight is an ideal choice for aviators, law enforcement, hunters, campers, and members of the military. The Galaxy 13 is made from tough anodized aluminum, with 10 white LEDs (for general illumination) and three red LEDs (for seeing in the dark without losing your natural night vision). The white LEDs handle the heavy lifting, with a 30-hour battery life via three AAA batteries (included). The red LEDs, meanwhile, are particularly valuable for situations where you don't want to disturb a driver but still need to read a map, or when you're hunting in the early morning hours but don't want to attract too much attention. The red LEDs--which last for up to 80 hours on a single set of batteries--are popular among pilots, astronomers, truck drivers, military personnel, and police officers. The flashlight, which comes with a deluxe holster, carries a limited lifetime warranty.
Sturdy flashlight with 10 white LEDs and 3 red LEDs
Tough anodized aluminum construction with deluxe holster
Red LEDs let you see in the dark without losing night vision
Ideal for aviators, truck drivers, police officers, and more
30-hour (white) or 80-hour (red) battery life; lifetime warranty
1. There are flashlights and then there are FLASHLIGHTS. The S&W Galaxy is a real must have!Powered by 3 AAA Batteries it beams a bright white light out that can be seen for hundrets of yards and the red light function is perfect at night. The price is hardly beatable, unless someone wants to spend 300 bucks for a flashlight (vortex luxeon).
I hve been a fan of Mag Lights for years, which cost the same as this one but I had to alter my opinion. After I bought one for myself and tested it I gave one to my wife, have one at work and tell everybody who's looking for a Flashlight about this one.
2. I bought this to replace the 2 D Cell mag light flashlight that I keep bedside. This light is nice and bright, plus much more compact than my old mag light. The red lights are much brighter than I expected, and you can easily navigate your house or a hiking trail with the red lights. LED flashlights are well worth the extra money, and this one is a good one.
Nu-Flare is one of the best Quality Compact Flashlight using the 3rd generation Luxeon Rebel 90 LED from Silicon Valley (San Jose, California, USA). The new Rebel 90 has improved battery efficiency, generates less heat, and higher brightness than the Luxeon V. It has the tactical tail switch and a patented zoom focus from 1X to 4X. You should notice that this is the one of the first flashlight on market offer the zoom head. This one is small in very compact size.
Energy saving Power LED technology, around 8 to 10 times better energy efficiency than light bulb
GREEN Technology - 6 hours battery life at 210 Lumens, compact size for everyday carry
Luxeon Rebel 90 (3rd genereator Luxeon LED, 210 Lumens, about 5 times brighter than most $20 3D cell
It has simple tail tactical switch click on and click off. The focus is adjustable from 1X to 4X (pa
High quality solid state DC-DC regulated circuit (other are DC-AC-DC non-regulated) maintain maximum
1. The name/model of this flashlight is pretty impressive-sounding with all those numbers and letters, but I must admit, it functions as well as the photos and description show. I really wanted a flood-type light, and some were available (as it says in the description) from an 'overseas' source. And, I was dubious about buying from them. So, I opted for this one, and I'm not disappointed. For the flood characteristic of the spot-to-flood zoom, the light covers an entire wall from the distance of 'standing in a doorway of an average size (apt.) bedroom'. And, there's just a little loss of light (althouh there IS some) when you zoom-out to 'flood'. But, there's no black spot throughout the zooming range (unlike those old krypton zoom flashlights that took a decent spot, and simply diffused it beyond useability when you spread the light to a 'flood area'.)
2. I recently bought a $20 xenon lamp powered by (2) CR123 batteries and not only did this Rebel 90 blow it away as to brightness, it also smoked the competition in correct white color, instead of that yellow tint. It definitely is a no brainer and I highly recommend it. I use this flashlight to commute (walk) to a bus station in the early morning hours and can attest to the fact that this product could possibly even save your life! A night time in a possible threat or mugging this blinding light could be the only weapon you need to protect yourself.
The LR6 6" LED Downlight Module Lighting Fixture from LLF is the extreme long-life and extreme energy-saving LED downlighting fixture that produces the equivalent of 65 Watts of comparable incandescent lighting. Yet it consumes just 12 Watts. It's a perfect choice for new construction or upgrading the downlighting in your energy-efficient home or workspace. The LLF Downlight Module is designed to easily install in standard 6"downlight housings from the majority of manufacturers. Unlike any fluorescent, the LR6 contains no harmful mercury. Experienced lighting engineers and designers also know that compact flourescent blubs often performs poorly and burns-out quickly in downlight fixtures. The LR6 lasts more than 20 years under normal use. That makes life simplerespecially in hard-to-reach installations.
12 Watts generates equivalent light of 60W bulb
Beautiful color, high efficiency and eco-friendly technology
Up to 50,000 bulb life - 5X longer than compact flourescent blubs
The LR6 produces a warm incandescent color perfect for the home
Incandescent Color - 2700K
1. This bulb is bright and the color matches incandescent lamps. If the reviews for other LED bulbs is any indication, most LED bulbs are not very bright and their light is bluish. Not a problem with this bulb. Also, the light is very even. Looking at the bulb, you do not see a bunch of dots, just one bright, even light surface. This light is not for everyone, it only fits in 6" recessed cans. I had a little difficulty getting it to mount properly in my can, but now that it is there, I am happy with it.
The package says this light is dimmable with a regular dimmer. I have not connected a dimmer yet, but I plan to. The package also says it should last 20 years with normal use. It uses about 12 watts and provides the incandescent equivalent of 60 watts.
2. This is a fine replacement for ceiling flood lights. It only uses 12 watts, but gives good, bright light, and is on instantly--unlike the CFLs I have tried. I had no real trouble installing the one I have installed, but there is a bit of a learning curve. The second or third lights would install almost immediately. The first probably took me 10 minutes or so. If the cost would come down, I would give this light a five star rating and replace quite a few more of the recessed floods that I have. As it is, I will limit myself to the few lights that I use a great deal, and where the "instant on" character of the light is the most important.
Utilizes a Premium (Q5) Cree 7090 XR-E LED with a life of 50,000 hours
Two modes of output, selected by turning the bezel
General Mode: 12 lumens (65hrs) -> 53 lumens (13hrs) -> 120 lumens (4.8hrs) -> SOS
Turbo Mode: 215 lumens (1.8hrs) -> Strobe
33 days of survival use (2 continuous hours per day on the lowest setting)
ATTRIBUTES: No Bulb: LED Burn Time: up to 65 Hours Carry System: Holster Lanyard Finish: Type II Anodized Material: Aircraft Grade Aluminum Output (lumens): 215 Overall Length (inches): 4.50 Power Source: 2 x CR123A Special Features: 6 output modes (includes Strobe and SOS) Includes holster lanyard spare o-rings and switch boot Submersible: Yes to IPX-8 Standard Switch: Tailcap On/Off
1. Brighter than any full size flashlight I've ever used. Can clearly illuminate objects >150' away. Lowest output is plenty for inside usage. Strobe mode very distracting and demands immediate attention. Beam is even and wide. Illuminates entire sides of houses at 150'.
Batteries are available, but are harder to find than AA and cost substantially more. Description specifies that batteries are included yet there were no batteries in my box from Amazon. Only four stars because of no batteries contrary to item description.
2. I'm just toally amazed at the high concentration of light this thing produces. It's so small I barely even know its in my pocket but it puts other flashlights that are ten times bigger to complete shame. Pricey, but if you need light, its better to have extra than not enough, right? Its worth every penny.
The Fenix E20's design is focused on accessibility and convenience. It uses two versatile AA batteries and maintains balance between high output and long runtime. It is firm, waterproof, and lightweight. In a word, Fenix's E20 is an outdoor flashlight with a rare combination of high performance, high quality, and low cost.
Focus adjustable flashlight for regulation of focus (pinpoint) and flood (widespread) light that throws beam over 100 meters (330 feet)
3.3-hour runtime using two 1.5V AA ( Alkaline, Ni-MH) batteries, inexpensive and widely available--NOT INCLUDED
3 ounce slip-resistant body design is made of durable aircraft-grade aluminum, Type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
Waterproof to IPX-8 Standard
Virtually indestructible, microprocessor-controlled, CREE light emitting diode (LED) has no filament to burn out or break
1) Impressively bright. If your eyes have adjusted to the darkness, this product can momentarily blind you if you shine its light on objects within a foot. If you bring the light close to your lips or cheek and turn it on, you can even feel the heat from the light!
2) Supposed to be waterproof
3) Reasonably well made. The quality of construction is not at the level of a coast 1AA flashlight that I own but good enough. The batteries do not rattle. This flashlight cost only a few dollar more than the Coast, but delivers about 10 times more light.
4) The light is very white. No blue/green/yellow tinge here.
5) The light cover is glass - this is great. Does not scratch easily. Plus it has an antireflective coating to enhance light delivery. It sometimes makes you think that the protective glass is missing and you are looking the reflector and LED directly with nothing in between.
6) 2AA battery usage is just great. Easy to use existing rechargeables.
7) Its slim but slightly long profile means its easy to carry and not lose.
8) Anodization seems to be pretty well done (hard anodized).
1) Black color - should be any color (like red, blue, silver) other than black. Black is difficult to spot in a collection of items. I need my flashlight to "pop" out at me.
2) A tad expensive - but then the CREE led's aren't cheap either.
3) Defocussing the bead will lose light (in addition to spreading it around). The LED moves below the reflector and not all of the light is captured and delivered when this happens.
4) The on-off switch is at the back and positioned such that the light cannot be placed vertically.
5) The light rolls very easily. All contact surfaces are round.
6) Does not use the latest and higher efficiency CREE led currently available.
7) No evidence of gold plating on +ve contact inside the flashlight. Don't know how the product will fare in the long run. Expected better quality in this area considering the price paid.
The Juice C2 is an extremely handy little devil with fiery red anodized aluminum handles. A true Leatherman, the C2 is well equipped with pliers, wire cutters and four screwdrivers. The C2 also comes with a corkscrew and a can and bottle opener. It's built on the smallest size chassis of the Juice models. A lanyard attachment allows it to be easily attached to a backpack zipper, carabiner, or key chain. The Juice C2 is covered by Leatherman's 25-year warranty.
Corkscrew with assist
Key Tech Specs:
Length: 3-1/4 in./8.25 cm closed
Weight: 4.3 ounces/122 grams
Materials: Stainless steel with anodized aluminum scales
Patents/Trademarks: Patents Pending
Available Colors: Storm (gray), Inferno (red)
1. This is my favorite leatherman because it has all of the "essential" tools AND is still small. If you move down in the lineup (think: Squirt P4) then you still get a nice piece, but you're missing critical tools like a corkscrew (ever tried to open a bottle of wine on travel?). And if you move up in the lineup then you begin to get less useful extraneous tools which make the unit much larger and heavier. The juice sits right in the middle, the ideal balance of utility and size. Highly recommended.
2. Super! Big enough to get most jobs done, but small enough to disappear on your belt or in your purse... AND, Made In the USA by Americans! Avoid cheap knock-offs. This is a QUALITY tool.
Get back to basics -- the very cool basics -- with Leatherman's Skeletool CX. Today’s outdoor enthusiasts want to keep weight and volume to a minimum without sacrificing quality and true functionality, and that's what the Skeletool is all about. Many multitools have multiple options, but they’re often heavier -- and they're loaded with more features than most people actually need on a regular basis. Conversely, pocket knives are light and streamlined, but they render themselves useless when the task calls for a more versatile tool. Enter the new Skeletool platform, offering minimal weight, compact size and endless capabilities.
The Skeletool CX has a large knife blade that can be accessed while the tool is closed; to open it, just place your thumb in the thumbhole at the base of the blade and rotate it out until it's fully extended -- which will engage the safety lock. This locking mechanism is noted with a padlock symbol on the tool. To unlock the blade, press the locking mechanism towards the handle until the blade slides past the lock.
Equipped with a universal bit driver, the Skeletool offers real utility options like no other multitool. To change the tool bits, simply unfold the tool and remove the bit from the bit driver -- and pop it out. And replacing bits is just as easy. Just press a new one into position and you're good to go. There's even a spare bit located in the handle side opposite the knife blade. This tool includes the following bits: Phillips #1 and #2, screwdriver 3/16-inch and 1/4-inch.
Stainless Steel Handles with Carbon-fiber Handle Scale and Tungsten DLC Scratch-resistant Coating
Outside-accessible blades mean, just like a pocket knife, it can be opened with one hand, quick-style.
Bit driver technology makes it possible to customize the tool for any job
At a mere five ounces, this is the lightest full-size multi-tool on the market.
1. Finally received my CX. Removing it from the package I was very pleased with the overall feel of the tool, the fit and finishes are excellent and there are no immediately noticeable sharp edges. It was slightly heavier than I thought it would be, a little heavier than my usual EDC pocket knife, but not bad. Like other reviewers before me I noticed that the carbon fiber may reduce the weight very slightly, however I think it mostly serves to make the tool more aesthetically pleasing. I don't have the problems with the bits that another review had, the bit in the bit holder is held in by a catch that has to be depressed to remove the bit, The other bit is very secure in the handle, although it may get loose once there is some wear on the bit. The bottle opener works and now I'll carry it around for a while and see how it feels in the pocket. All in all I'm very happy with the tool, it has most of the tools I use the most, lacking only the scissors, in a smaller lighter package.
2. I already have a multi-tool (Swiss Army Champion Plus), it's a great tool to be sure, but for me out of the 30 tools in it I only ever use the small blade and once in a blue moon the scissors. It's a "little of everything" tool but not particularly strong in any one of the particular tools.
The allure of the Skeletool for me was:The simplicity, but being strong in what it gives you:
a. On the CX model, the 154CM combo plain/serrated blade is beefy enough to do a job I'd be afraid of snapping the blade on the Swiss Army on, Batman could certainly cut through some tricky situations with this.
b. Solid pliers. Strong enough to extract Joker's teeth, yet nimble enough to pull out his finger/toe nails.
c. Easy to carry because of the Carabiner. The teeny little keyring on the Swiss Army is a joke and it's too bulky to put on a keychain (and if you did it would be a pain to put-on/take-off) or it's clunkin up one of your pockets. Who's got time to be fumbling around skin-tight rubber leotards for tools while doing an interrogation? Not The Bat! The Carabiner makes it nice and easy to just snap the tool to a Batbelt and be ever ready.
d. 2 Phillips, 2 Flathead Screwdrivers. It's a multi-tool within a multi-tool. Sometimes even Alfred needs a hand with stuff around the house.
e. Last, but certainly NOT least...It's SEXY! Pictures don't do this tool justice, you have to see it in person to really appreciate the "oooo ahhhh" factor. Certainly worthy of being in the Batbelt.