Can't find what you are looking for ?
Google
 



Monday, May 4, 2009

Canon PowerShot A470 7.1MP Digital Camera with 3.4x Optical Zoom (Gray)

Sleek and sensational, the PowerShot A470 comes in four eye-catching colors that will get you noticed. Plus, it’s got everything you need to make shooting fast and fun. There’s the 7.1-megapixel resolution, a 3.4x optical zoom lens, a large 2.5-inch LCD and a full range of performance features, including enhanced Face Detection technology and a DIGIC III Image Processor, to keep every image looking its best. Vertical Shooting has never been easier, either -- just press the Print/Share button. It’s that simple!
The PowerShot A470 has 7.1 megapixels of imaging power that make it easy for you to create stunning pictures of radiance and lush color. Even the tiniest details -- a drop of dew on a flower petal or a child’s fleeting smile -- are captured with all the resolution you need to email, print, crop, and even enlarge. For close-ups that will impress you with their clarity and true-to-life brilliance, you’ve got a genuine Canon 3.4x optical zoom lens that brings distant images into focus with one press of a button.

Canon PowerShot A470 7.1MP Digital Camera with 3.4x Optical Zoom (Gray)

Technical Details

* 7.1-megapixel CCD captures enough detail for photo-quality 15 x 20-inch prints
* 3.4x optical zoom; Face Detection
* Large, high-resolution 2.5-inch LCD
* Motion Detection Technology automatically reduces blur
* Captures images to SD memory cards (not included); powered by AA batteries

Customer feedback:

1. I work in a photo processing lab, where I also deal with and sell cameras for most of the day, so before purchasing my own I did a lot of hands-on research playing with and reading about all the cameras that were within the price I wanted to spend. I'm still learning as far as all the fancy features, but if you're like me and just need a good camera for everyday type stuff, this one is perfect. With its 7.1 mega pixels, it takes really sharp pictures and what I really like is how fast the shutter is. There's virtually no delay between the time you focus the camera and go to snap the actual picture. That was my biggest problem with my old camera-- I'd go to focus in and then by the time I actually snapped the photo, the delay was so annoyingly long that the moment was lost. The LCD screen is a great size, not too large and not too small. At 2.5", you get a really good idea of what you're shooting, even without a viewfinder. The only complaint I have is that it's not as great outdoors in bright weather. The screen gets really washed out and makes it kind of difficult to get a good shot. This is fixable though, as they sell pop-up shade clips (about $10) you can attach to the camera so as to correct that. I haven't tried them personally, but heard they work really well. I also really like the size of the camera itself. A lot of people are attracted to the super slim tiny cameras you can fit in a pocket, but that didn't appeal to me. I wanted something I'd be comfortable holding, fit well in my hands, and didn't feel like I was going to drop it. Its like the perfect size for me, because it's still really compact but not so small that it gives me anxiety over dropping it/breaking something. Alternately, its not so big that I can't easily carry it around with me.

2. I was looking for a camera for my mom's birthday that was extremely simple to operate, but still took good pictures. She's very non-technical and doesn't even own a computer. This camera turned out to completely fit the bill. There are very few features, which makes the learning curve pretty short. Macro capabilities are pretty nice and unexpected, which my mom loves so she'll be able to take pictures of her flowers this spring. For someone who needs a basic camera that "just works", this is it. If you need anything more than the basics, you'll need to look elsewhere.

No comments: