Can't find what you are looking for ?
Google
 



Monday, May 4, 2009

Samsung BD-P1500 1080p Blu-ray Disc Player

Experience the blu-ray difference with the SAMSUNG BD-P1500. TheBD-P1500 lets you have it all - watch your favorite DVDs and blu-ray discs or listen to CDs with the highest-quality audio.
Samsung BD-P1500 with Dimensions Full 1080p resolution gives you the most outstanding HD image quality.Enjoy a richer, bolder color palette via extended gamut YCC technology. HDMI 1.3 transmission bandwidth capabilities ensure the strongest signal fidelity, while the Ethernet connection lets you easily check for the latest firmware upgrades online. Control all your Samsung AV devices from one remote, via Anynet+ technology. And advanced audio compatibility, including DD+, and True-HD, offers premium sound, for the greatest HD experience. This blu-ray disc player offers state-of-the-art viewing with CD and DVD playback compatibility. Even as you take advantage of the latest video and audio advances, you can still enjoy all your existing media content.

Samsung BD-P1500 1080p Blu-ray Disc Player

Technical Details

* Full HD 1080p Output for Blu-Ray Discs and selectable DVD Upconversion to 1080p
* 1080p with 24 Hz Video Output
* HDMI version 1.3, component video, S-Video outputs
* Dolby® Digital, Dolby® Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, dts-HD
* Ethernet connection lets you easily check for the latest firmware upgrades online

Customer feedback:

1. I've been using this for 2 weeks now, and it's my first blu-ray player (no PS3). The good stuff: Excellent look, not too loud, amazing picture and sound. Working ethernet and USB port. (I haven't had to download any firmware or code updates, but I'm sure it'll work fine.)
Operations: No fan noise, no noise while playing, but during menu & loading, you hear some track-seeking which is audible at 10'... nothing offensive, though. I just noticed last night, after my 5th blu-ray a little flicker in in the bottom center of the screen during the credits of Juno... not sure if it's a bad disc or a player having a problem. It was repeatable, and the disc seemed clean. Lastly, the load time, eject time, etc seems just fine. Not instant or as fast a nice DVD player, but not noticably slow. I've heard alot about slow disc-loading, and if it is a problem on other players - it's not a problem on this one. Lastly, sometimes when you click on a menu instead of pausing, the screen with show a "progress-bar" for 2-4 seconds while the next manu loads, which isn't completely kosher, but doesn't bother me.

2. I had been waiting to jump into the HD media fray until a winner was declared and of course, that happened earlier this year. A lot of people recommended to me to get a PS3 for my blu-ray player but, for a variety of reasons, I decided I wanted a standalone player. After a lot of research, I settled on the Samsung BD-P1500. I had heard a lot of negatives about how Samsung had not been supporting their previous generation units but I was willing to get them a 30 day trial. I'm glad I did.
I purchased this over memorial day weekend so I've had it over a month. In that time, I've played maybe a dozen blu-ray discs and 3 or 4 DVD's. The only problem I've experienced that is attributable to the player is several extremely brief audio dropouts while watching Ratatouille. However, I updated the player's firmware last weekend and watched several scenes that would previously cause the dropouts and observed none.
I love the fact that it has an ethernet port for firmware updates and future BD 2.0 features. The player loads discs quickly in comparison to stories I've heard about other players. Picture and sound quality are outstanding (I'm able to use the HD audio features and it's frankly amazing).

No comments: