Can't find what you are looking for ?
Google
 



Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Brother MFC-7840W Laser Multifunction Center with Wireless and Ethernet Network Interfaces

The Brother MFC-7840W Laser Multi-Function Center with Wireless Networking is an economical, compact device that can handle all your small office printing, copying, scanning, and faxing needs. With crisp, high-quality output and fast print speeds, you won't be waiting around for the MFC-7840N to finish its job. It is compatible with both Macs and Windows, and built-in 802.11b/g wireless networking makes it easy for you to share the device with everyone in your office.
The MFC-7840W measures a compact 16.9 x 15.6 x 12 inches (WxDxH) and tips in at just under 25 pounds, taking up minimal space in your office. Featuring an elegant black color scheme, the device won't look out of place in any office. An LCD backlit display keeps you apprised of the device's status. With USB, Ethernet and 802.11b/g wireless interfaces, setting up this printer for use with a single computer or with a network is simple. Once connected, everyone in your office can print, fax, and scan. The wireless networking supports WEP 64/128, WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, and LEAP for security so you won't have to worry about your sensitive documents falling into the wrong hands.

<br />Brother MFC-7840W Laser Multifunction Center with Wireless and Ethernet Network Interfaces

Technical Details

* Multifunction device prints, copies, scans, and faxes in one compact form factor with built-in wireless networking
* Prints and copies at 23 pages per minutes; scans at 19200 x 19200 dpi resolution (600 x 2400 dpi optical) at 48-bit color depth
* Support for 802.11b/g wireless networking
* 35-page automatic document feeder makes copying, faxing and scanning multiple pages easy
* Measures 21.7 x 20.1 x 20.5 inches (WxDxH)

Customer feedback:

1. I spent about a week researching for just the right multi-function printer for my needs. I own a small business with about 30 employees so I needed more than an inkjet but didn't require a 'corporate' $1000+ version either. I needed fax, scan, copy, and print capability with laser printing and built-in wireless capability. Suprisingly, there are not that many printers on the market that can give you all of these in one package. Originally I was going to purchase the Brother's MFC-8870 for around $500 which all the reviews on the internet recommend, but I found this while browsing around and realized that it had just come out a few weeks ago. Although there were no reviews out yet for this new printer, it was considerably less expensive than the 8870 and the only thing I seemed to be losing was auto-duplexing so I made the purchase. It took about 15 minutes total for me to set up an ad-hoc wireless printer setup and everything works great. The scans are nice, the printing is very crisp and clear even in very small fonts. The only thing I haven't tried yet is the fax which I won't be using much. I really can't say anything bad about this product.

2. I was looking for a laser multifunction device with network capability that I could use to print from my laptop anywhere in the house. A lot of reviews seemed to point to the Brother MFCs as the best overall brand for laser monochrome devices. The only problem was that there were a LOT of different models to choose from - just going to the Brother website to do some comparison shopping made my head spin. The MFC-7840W is a recently introduced model which has seemed to get good reviews across the board. A major plus is that it has both wireless and wired network capabilities. I took the plunge and purchased this model. Since I already had a wireless router to plug it into, I didn't need to use the wireless capabilities, but it seemed to be a nice option for future flexibility. The Ethernet connection was easy to set up and worked the first time I tried printing from my laptop.
I've been very pleased with the quality and feature set of the MFC-7840W. Not only does it print high quality output, but it has clearly-labeled buttons for scan, fax, and copy, which makes it a breeze to use any of these functions. Plus, the device is relatively light and doesn't have a very large footprint, so it fits easily on top of a small file cabinet. High marks overall.

No comments: