Can't find what you are looking for ?
Google
 



Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Back seat of the car

Throughout our month long tour of Europe, my wife's only complaint was that
there was never enough time for shopping.

Nearing the end of our trip, we stopped for lunch at a pub in a small town
near London. We wrote postcards and my wife volunteered to take them to the
nearest postbox while I made a long-distance phone call. The British long
distance system defeated me until I was helped by an attractive girl who
was standing at the bar.

Completing my call, I saw her with a suitcase standing at a bus stop. I
found out she was going close to our destination so I offered her a lift
and suggested she get in the back seat of the car.

There was still no sign of my wife, so I went to look for her. Ten minutes
later, I found her in a store. She was bulging with parcels.

Giving me a big grin, she said, "That'll teach you to leave me alone for a
few minutes."

It was my turn to grin as I said, "Wait until you see what's in the back
seat of the car."

No comments: