Can't find what you are looking for ?
Google
 



Wednesday, September 26, 2007

ZoneAlarm Installation Problem

Q: I have a problem trying to re-install ZoneAlarm. I thought I had uninstalled it before the new install.
But ZA wont install. Says True Vector is running. I should use Service Manager to disable True Vector. What is Service Manager and how to I access it? Actually I would like to completely abolish True Vector. Any Ideas?

Ans: Several solutions including two methods to get into Services (either Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services or via Start - Run - services.msc - OK) and disable True Vector but if that does not work, then try this:
Download zfix.zip (a CMD file) from Greenwoods Computer Corner - http://www.greenwood.iwarp.com/sgcomputer.html)
and run that. It cleans out the old Zone Alarm installation completely so you can reinstall it again successfully.

No comments: