Can't find what you are looking for ?
Google
 



Sunday, March 21, 2010

Joke: The argument between the rabbis and god's intervention

It seems that these four rabbis had a series of theological
arguments, and three were always in accord against the
fourth.

One day, the odd rabbi out, after the usual "3 to 1,
majority rules" statement that signified that he had lost
again, decided to appeal to a higher authority.

"Oh, God!" he cried. "I know in my heart that I am right
and they are wrong! Please give me a sign to prove it to
them!"

It was a beautiful, sunny day, but as soon as the rabbi
finished his prayer, a storm cloud moved across the sky
above the four. It rumbled once and dissolved. "A sign from
God! See, I'm right, I knew it!"

But the other three disagreed, pointing out that storm
clouds form on hot days. So the rabbi prayed again "Oh, God,
I need a bigger sign to show that I am right and they are
wrong!"

This time four storm clouds appeared, rushed toward each
other to form one big cloud, and a bolt of lightning slammed
into a tree on a nearby hill.

"I told you I was right!" cried the rabbi, but his friends
insisted that nothing had happened that could not be
explained by natural causes. The rabbi was getting ready to
ask for a *very big* sign, but just as he said, "Oh God...,"
the sky turned pitch black, the earth shook, and a deep,
booming voice intoned, "HEEEEEEEE'S RIIIIIIIGHT!"

The rabbi put his hands on his hips, turned to the other
three, and said, "Well?"

"So," shrugged one of the other rabbis, "now it's 3 to 2."

No comments: