Can't find what you are looking for ?
Google
 



Wednesday, March 24, 2010

2 quick jokes - talking animals and a restaurant communication

Some race horses staying in a stable. One of them starts to
boast about his track record. "In the last 15 races, I've
won 8 of them!"

Another horse breaks in, "Well in the last 27 races, I've
won 19!!"

"Oh that's good, but in the last 36 races, I've won 28!",
says another, flicking his tail.

At this point, they notice that a greyhound dog has been
sitting there listening. "I don't mean to boast," says the
greyhound, "but in my last 90 races, I've won 88 of them!"

The horses are clearly amazed. "Wow!" says one, after a
hushed silence. "A talking dog."

---------------------------------------------------------

On a busy Friday night at the restaurant where I'd recently
started waiting tables, the owner suddenly emerged from the
kitchen and handed me money. "We're in trouble!" He said.
"We're out of quarters, and customers are waiting. Go next
door and get me $40 worth."

I ran to the supermarket next door, but a cashier said she
wasn't allowed to give out that many quarters. Determined,
I sprinted to a convenience store two blocks away, but it
was closed. At a gas station farther down the road, the
clerk took pity and gave me the four rolls of quarters.
Twenty minutes after I'd left, I handed the coin rolls to
my boss. "Where are the quarters?" He asked.

"Right here," I said breathlessly.

His face sank. "I meant chicken quarters."

No comments: